Statement from the NBS Bank Board’s 22nd meeting of 2018
The Bank Board of Národná banka Slovenska today (27 November) held its 22nd meeting of 2018, chaired by Jozef Makúch, the NBS Governor.
In accordance with Article 7(8)(b) of Act No 566/1992 Coll. on Národná banka Slovenska (the NBS Act), as amended, Mr Makúch submitted to the Bank Board his notification of resignation from the position of Governor of Národná banka Slovenska with effect from the end of 1 March 2019 or, if later than that date, the end of the day before the effective date of the appointment of the next Governor of Národná banka Slovenska, until which date he will continue to hold the position and perform the duties of NBS Governor pursuant to the NBS Act.
The Bank Board took note of NBS’s November 2018 Monthly Bulletin, which will be published on the NBS website.
The Bank Board took note of NBS’s November 2018 Financial Stability Report, which will be published on the NBS website.
The Bank Board approved a decision on cooperation between EU Member States’ competent authorities in regard to the cross-border activity of pension companies (the revised Budapest Protocol). The Budapest Protocol has been revised in order to ensure consistency with Directive (EU) 2016/2341 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 14 December 2016 on the activities and supervision of institutions for occupational retirement provision (IORPs).
The Bank Board approved the following Decisions of Národná banka Slovenska:
- Decision amending Decision No 7/2015 on conditions for opening and administering PM accounts in TARGET2-SK;
- Decision on conditions for opening and administering T2S dedicated cash accounts (T2S DCAs) in TARGET2-SK;
- Decision amending Decision No 4/2010 on settlement procedures for TARGET2-SK ancillary systems;
- Decision on conditions for opening and administering TIPS dedicated cash accounts (TIPS DCAs) in TARGET2-SK;
- Decision amending Decision No 10/2015 on general conditions for the provisions of auto-collateralisation by Národná banka Slovenska;
- Decision amending Decision No 12/2016 on general conditions for the provision of intraday credit by Národná banka Slovenska.
The Decisions have been issued in connection with the new TARGET Instant Payment Settlement (TIPS) service, which is due to be launched on 30 November 2018.
The Decisions enter into force on 30 November 2018.
The Bank Board approved the Annual Budget of Národná banka Slovenska for 2019. NBS’s operating budget for 2019 is set at €81.4 million, while a total of €11.7 million is earmarked for investment and €7.1 million for currency issuance.
Head of the Communications Section
National Bank of Slovakia
Imricha Karvasa 1, 813 25 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Tel.: +421-2-5787 2142, +421-2-5865 2142, +421-2-5787 2169, +421-2-5865 2169
Reproduction is permitted provided that the source is acknowledged.